StarPlus, the Library catalogue, can be accessed from your MUSE account (under My services) or from the Library webpages at: http://www.shef.ac.uk/library.
Remember to sign in by clicking on the University members link at the top of the page. This will give you full access to resources and features including the e-Shelf and your online Library account.
Search under the University Collections tab to find: books, ebooks, journals, theses and multimedia. Enter keywords into the search box then refine your results later.
Use the Articles and Databases tab to search for journal articles from databases. To find articles that you can access, refine your results to show only Full Text Online.
- Use quotation marks when searching for a phrase, e.g. “global warming”.
- Use an asterisk at the end of a word to represent alternative endings. For example, educat* will search for: education, educating, educational etc.
- Use the e-Shelf to organise, print, email and push your search results into reference management software. Add search results to your e-Shelf by clicking on the star icon (located on the left of each search result).
- To request a book that is out on loan, click on the Get It tab.
- Search for and connect to databases from the University Collections tab.
- Take a look at our StarPlus tutorial to learn more.