If you didn’t manage to attend a Library induction session here are a few tips to help you get started. Many Library services are available online from the Library tab in MUSE. Log onto MUSE using your username and password to:
- Find recommended reading for a module. Start with myResource Lists. Here you’ll find direct links to books in the library, full text journal articles and web sites - all just one click away!
- Search Star, the Library catalogue. Star is the best place to start when searching for course materials. From Star you can find out if the resource you want is available in print or electronically – click show copy/show library holdings.
- Access electronic resources such as ebooks, subject databases and ejournals - look under Library eResources.
- View subject specific guides. The subject guides provide advice on material that might be useful in your subject area.
- View tutorials and quizzes that will help you to develop your information skills. The Information Skills Resource is available as a link from the Library tab in MUSE. Check out the Information Skills tutorials tab. More detailed guides tailored to your subject are available through the Tutorials by department tab.
Ask us for help at any time. Post your comments here, or send us a tweet.