I have had quite a few queries about missing books this term. Here are a few tips. 9 times out of 10 a missing book is not actually missing just misshelved. Before you try making a reservations for a book apparently not out but not on the shelf try these things and you may find your missing History Library book…
• Try adjacent shelves to left and right.
• Try a few shelves above and below.
• Mistakes often compound themselves so occasionally there can be two sequences within a few shelves.
• If Shelfmark starts with 3 e.g. 338.1, try 538… or even 838…
• 942.**** can often be found mis-shelved at 943.****
• Often worth trying in the “Q” section.
• Check on the “Re-shelving” shelves
Good Luck! If this doesn’t work and a book is really essential for a particular reason you can always get in touch with me.
Happy Christmas, Clare